Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Topographic Oceans around Monte Prampa



I just had time on Sunday for a short afternoon walk in the Apennines.  My choice fell on Monte Prampa near Febbio. 
Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

Leaving the car at the Osaro Refuge I took the 621 footpath that climbs steeply up to up to Sella del Prampa, a minor pass between Mont Cisa and Monte Prampa.  Here I decided that I would climb Prampa and not Cisa, both a short twenty minutes walk from the pass.

Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

From the summit of Prampa I had a magnificent view across the mist filled valleys , that gave the feeling of being in the middle of an ocean of clouds.

Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE
Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

I waited rather unwisely to see the sunset from the mountain, which made the decent rather difficult, as it was almost dark when I reached the road.  
Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa, RE

Monte Prampa is not one of the most exciting mountains in Tosco Emilian Apeninnes, but still  it was a very pleasant afternoon walk .  

No comments:

Post a Comment