Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Empty Landscape



Sunday was a perfect day for the bike ride I did along the River Oglio near Mantua in the Po valley. It was one of those fresh cold days with very little mist.
River Oglio, MN

River Oglio, MN


I started out from San Matteo  delle Chiaviche  and took the road on the western “Argine “  towards Gazzuolo. The  road mostly follows closely to the river on this side. One is as always stuck by the sensation of vast empty space when exploring the “Bassa” area of the Po Valley.
 
River Oglio, MN

Bocca Chiavica,MN

Bocca Chiavica,MN
San Matteo delle Chiaviche, MN

Bocca Chiavica,MN


This side of the river affords the best views of the river.

Bocca Chiavica,MN

Bocca Chiavica,MN
At  Gazzuolo I crossed the road bridge for the return trip southwards along the Eastern “Argine”. The landscape is even more spacious on this side.

Bocca Chiavica,MN

Bocca Chiavica,MN

Bocca Chiavica,MN
 
Motella,MN

"Corte" Motella,MN

I was much quicker doing this circular trip than I expected so I decided to ride along a bit of the River Po nearby. 
Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

I was rewarded by some fortunate moments; a large boat arrived to add interest to the pictures of one of the most spectacular views of the Po and I came across a itinerant Sheppard with his sheep a relic of the “transhumance” that I touched on in my last Blog post.

Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

Scorzarolo,MN

San Matteo delle Chiaviche,MN










No comments:

Post a Comment