Friday, March 3, 2017

Monte Prampa


I decided that on Sunday I would try to catch some snow again in the mountains before it disappears completely. But I could not decide where to catch it. It was Monte Cavalbianco or Monte Prampa.

Driving up the SS63 I caught sight of a gleaming Monte Cusna. So, Monte Prampa just under Cusna won the day.

The first leg of the climb from the road above Mont Orsaro is very steep. It seemed to be clear of snow, but as I climbed up the shadowy valley the snow started to become quite deep and difficult.




Monte Prampa, RE




Monte Prampa, RE
Just at the right moment another walker appeared, better equipped than me. He kindly lent me a hiking stick that made the climb a lot easier. Thanks again Mauro if you read this post.

So, for the first time ever I did a hike in company.

The climb up to Mont Prampa from the pass was a lot steeper than I remembered, but the view was as splendid as ever. Pity about the smog coming up from the Po Valley which was quite noticeable.


Monte Prampa, RE


Monte Prampa, RE


Monte Prampa, RE


Monte Prampa, RE
Having reached the top, the next thing was to get down before it got dark. We took the longer but easier path down following the footprints of a man and his dog who had preceded us, which was lucky as the red and white trail markers were mostly under the snow.
Monte Prampa, RE
 

Monte Prampa, RE



Monte Prampa, RE



Monte Prampa, RE
Monte Prampa, RE



Monte Prampa, RE
 
I will have to get a walking pole as they really took the weight off my kneecap that sometimes suffers after a steep decent. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment