Thursday, December 24, 2020

A Rollercoaster Year

 Well this has been a rollercoaster year. Apart from the health disaster that has enveloped us all, and the extra effort to keep my small Engineering practice meeting the ups and downs of a highly volatile workload. it was a moment of big changes to the photographic equipment I use.  

Here is my photographic year in pictures.

When I visited Piacenza in January, I did not even imagine that this small city would suffer so disastrously in the pandemic, that was still something happening in a far away country. 


Basilica di Santa Maria di Compagna, Piacenza


Rivarolo Mantovano

My exploration of the "Bassa mantovana" continued.

Bozzolo, MN

San Benedetto Po, MN

It just seemed like press exaggeration, frightening people to stay at home, when I went to an unusually deserted San Benedetto Po, at the end of February.

Reggio Emilia

Things started to get more frightening, even the lions in the the town square donned facemasks. 


Whilst I had to make do with a scarf.

We wandered around a deserted Reggio Emilia as Lockdown kicked in

Reggio Emilia

Reggio Emilia

Reggio Emilia

Reggio Emilia

Reggio Emilia


In May things started to look up and I was able to take a long walk along the Tosco Emilian Apennines above Reggio Emilia.

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines

Tosco Emilian Apennines



Who would expect to find a donkey wandering around a small hamlet in the Apennines.

The wind of catastrophe seemed to be easing  in June and we started to move out of our Region. I resumed my exploration of the "Bassa Mantovana"

Breda Cisoni



Viadana

Breda Cisone

In July we were at least able to have a holiday at the seaside in Liguria


Chiavari GE

Chiavari GE

Lavagna

Lavagna

Duomo di Lavagna


Duomo di Lavagna


Val Camonica

Val Camonica

Val Camonica

Val Camonica

On the back of a work trip I visited two other areas in the Val Camonica with prehistoric rock incisions.

In September it was time for my yearly visit to Florence, before everything closed down again. calm before the storm and the facemasks had disappeared.

Florence

Florence

Florence

In November I managed a walk in the Apennines before we were confined to our Comune again.

High speed tractor tour of Villaberza, RE

Villaberza

Villaberza

Allowed some freedom to travel again, I caught the winter light at Carpineti

Carpineti, RE

Carpineti, RE

Carpineti, RE

Carpineti, RE

Carpineti, RE

Carpineti, RE

And the winter snow above Casalgrande.

Cadiroggio RE

Cadiroggio RE

Cadiroggio RE

Montebabbio RE


After dallying with a Nikon DSLR FF for architecture and the fact that my Olympus gear  had become outdated, I big bag full of M43 stuff was finally replaced with a Nikon Z7 and some lenses for my travel and hiking interests. I had lusted after this camera for some time after trying it out at my dealers.




No comments:

Post a Comment